Begin your research:
- Brainstorm a list of possible topics then, choose a topic from the list you created. Next, brainstorm a list of questions you want to answer about your topic.
- Decide which sources you can use to find the answers to your questions. You can use print resources like non-fiction books or online resources like Britannica or Gale databases.
- Find your sources: check out a non-fiction book, search Britannica online, Gale databases or BrainPOP and find articles you want to read.
- Choose 1 article source, read it & summarize it & answer some of your questions, if possible.
- Read additional articles or books & search for information that answers your questions. Take notes on information that answers your questions from Step 1.
- Now, share the information you wrote down. You can write an essay, create a powerpoint, make a poster or a video.... Organize the information you present. For example, your essay should have a main idea & each paragraph should support the main idea; each slide of your power-point should have a main idea. Create a storyboard for videos/skits.
- Check your final project: did you include interesting information? Did you add value to the information? Did you organize the information? Is it your best work?
Big6 Research Project Organizer